Dirty keto is a term that is thrown around and used to reference a trending style of keto eating that revolves eating heavy fats, dairy, a lot of meat and very little vegetables. The diet works, in the sense that you will get into ketosis, that you will lose weight and that it fits into quite a few dieting and lifestyle preferences, which is why it has become so popular in America and now trending in Australia. However, it raises some eyebrows as it does contradict traditional healthy eating recommendations.
This style of keto mostly focuses on keeping fats up.
The diet would be good for:
- Those that love meat and dairy
- Dislike veggies
- Time poor
- Love big meals
- Prefer easy and let’s face it, dirty meals
The diet won’t be the best for:
- Those that love veggies (although you can alter this diet by adding veggies)
- Intolerant to dairy
- Obviously vegans or vegetarians
- Insulin resistant or females over 40 as dairy is a red flag