Vegan & Vegetarian Keto Diet
Often vegans and vegetarians are left out of the weight loss circle either through meal replacement shakes predominantly being dairy or diet plans not catering for them, and up until now keto dieting being limited to animal products. But as we have come to see, vegan keto and vegetarian keto is possible through selecting high protein & low carb veggies; choosing non-animal based products that are high in fat such as seeds, nuts, avocado, oils; and supplementing the diet with keto shakes and MCT oil where needed.
The diet would be good for those that:
- Love veggies
- Prefer to eat clean
- Are health focused
- Have allergies and intolerances
- Are vegans and vegetarians
- Are over eating too much meat. It’s a great way to change things up. I have 40% of my meals vegan or vegetarian and sometimes go vegan or vegetarian for a few days just to cleanse.
The diet won’t be the best for those that:
- Don’t like veggies
- Prefer to eat lazy and dirty
- Love eating meat every day
Here are some examples of vegan and vegetarian keto meals.
Still want more information & options for keto dieting than just the explanation of foods? Check our full Lean For Life Keto Guide which has 18 chapters discussing every last bit of the Keto Diet.